Tuesday, December 22, 2015

I am the Lord of the Dance


I danced in the morning when the world was begun

I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun;

I was called from the darkness by the song of the earth,

I joined in the singing and she gave me birth.

(chorus, repeat after each verse)

Dance, then, wherever you may be!

I am the Lord of the Dance, said he,

And I'll lead you on, wherever you may be, I will lead you all in the Dance, said he!

I sleep in the kernel and I dance in the rain,

I dance in the wind, and through the waving grain,

And when you cut me down, I care nothing for the pain --

In Spring I'll be Lord of the Dance again!

I see the maidens laughing as they dance in the sun,

I count the fruits of the of the harvest, one by one;

I know the storm is coming, but the grain is all stored,

So I sing of the dance of the Lady and the Lord.

We dance ever slower as the leaves fall and spin

And the sound of the Horn is the wailing of the wind;

The Earth is wrapped in stillness and we move in a trance,

but we hold on fast to our faith in the dance.

The sun is in the south and the days lengthen fast,

And soon we'll sing for the winter that is past,

Now we light the candles and rejoice as they burn,

and Dance the dance of the sun's return.

They cut me down, but I leap up high!

I am life that will never, never die.

I'll live in you and you'll live in me --

I am the Lord of the Dance, said he!

The moon in her phases and the tides of the sea,

the movement of Earth, and the seasons that will be

Are rhythm for the dancing and a promise through the years --

The Dance goes on through joy and tears.


The Midwinter Solstice

Subscribe to this blog here!


I am the Lord of the Dance